The role of a support person is to provide emotional support during meetings about workplace matters. This includes meetings involving:
- general workplace operational matters
- performance discussions and reviews
- change in management discussions
A support person can:
- provide emotional support and reassurance for employee
- observe the proceedings, assist with clarifying the process and take notes
- quietly prompt or advise the employee, including requesting a break if needed
A support person will respect and maintain confidentiality at all times.
IR Advocates can support employees in meetings and provide advice as required.